STRATEGIC LEGAL COUNSEL
- Advised one of the leading business groups of Pakistan on the equity investment in their new venture by an institutional investor.
- Assisted a large family-owned business in setting-up a governance framework to align business success and family interests.
- Advised a multinational listed company on effects of regulatory changes on its business model and commercial practices.
- Advised a multinational listed company on corporate governance and investments in associated companies.
- Advised a major power sector statutory body on various aspects of the Shareholders’ Agreement and the Investors Agreement entered into between the statutory body, and an international power company in respect of an independent Pakistani power producing company.
EXPERT LEGAL SOLUTIONS
- Advised a Fortune 500 company to establish a tax efficient presence in Pakistan through a special purpose vehicle.
- Advised a group of companies on incorporation of a special purpose vehicle (a joint venture company) for the role of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Contractor in a multi-billion Rupees project.
- Advised a Fortune 500 company on efficient tax planning model in relation to the applicable double taxation treaty.
- Advised a global company having a subsidiary company in Pakistan on transfer pricing arrangements and documentation.
- Advised a blue-chip listed company on various aspects of de-merger including corporate governance, listing and taxation.
- Policy legal opinion to a large manufacturing company successfully addressing legal objections by a financial institution, enabling the company to avail working capital facility.
- Assisted one of the leading business groups’ of Pakistan with due diligence of a major sugar plant for acquisition of the same.
- Assisted an international company in the due diligence of a Pakistan subsidiary of a foreign entity for acquisition purposes.
- Successfully structured a commercial transaction whereby a defunct joint venture project, mortgaged with a financial institution, was resuscitated by the new management.
- Advised a public-private partnership company established by the Government of Pakistan on the policy framework to lease out space for industrial purposes.
- Successfully represented a food company before Lahore High Court in a writ proceedings in which the quality of its products were challenged without evidence.
- Successfully represented a fertilizer company before the Competition Commission of Pakistan in a show cause proceedings in which commercial practices of the company were scrutinized for alleged violation of the competition law.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSACTIONS AND DISPUTES
- Advised an international group of companies about acquisition of a major chemical company in Pakistan including the transaction structure and also conducted due diligence exercise for the acquisition.
- Advised a major international company that provides consultancy, design, engineering, and management services for infrastructure development on the acquisition of the company in Pakistan which was a subsidiary of a leading international construction consultancy firm.
- Advised a Fortune 500 US company on equity investment in a listed company in Pakistan, and acted as its external legal counsel to conclude the transaction.
- Worked with a Fortune 500 company to identify applicable regulatory framework in Pakistan, establish a business vehicle, start business operations and build regulatory compliance capabilities.
- Advised an international commercial bank, on regulatory framework in Pakistan for starting banking business, and requirements for obtaining license from the State Bank of Pakistan.
- Advised one the leading international telecommunication services company based in Europe on Pakistani law aspects of the transfer of assets in Pakistan, as part of a global agreement between the two international telecommunicationservices companies.
- Advised a UAE based company on entering into a joint venture arrangement with a Pakistani company in connection with bidding for work related to a major infrastructure development project in Pakistan.
- Instructed by subsidiary of an international company to represent the subsidiary before the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan in connection with the dispute relating to the issued share capital of the subsidiary.
- Advised a leading international company with group companies throughout the Asia-Pacific on the business continuity plan of its subsidiary based in Pakistan.
- Represented one of the major business groups of Pakistan in negotiations of the business group with the foreign consultants for feasibility study and design contract of a power plant.
- Advised a leading milk processing company in a commercial dispute with a foreign supplier of cattle which was amicably settled by the parties.
LEGAL VALUE PARTNERS
- Advised an engineering company (operating at international level), to develop contract management processes and legal risk mitigation system for project work.
- Advised a joint venture company about setting-up a provident fund trust, its governance framework and legal policies, as part of good corporate governance.
- Advised a listed company about regulatory compliance requirements for launch of its new products in a highly-regulated market segment.
- Advised the management of a newly acquired financial institution about managing a large portfolio of pending litigation.